COVID-19 Notice to Customers ~ All our employees are well-equipped and committed to the highest standards of cleanliness and safety for themselves and our valued customers. We are taking all necessary precautions and remain open and available to serve our community safely in accordance with all government and local regulations.
Independent Building Inspectors in Perth
Jim’s Independent Building Inspectors
We believe in quality services
Trust Jim’s Building Inspections in Mandurah – Before You Buy
Jim’s is a trusted household name throughout Australia, providing services as diverse as Pest Control, Gardening, Computer Services and Skip Hire.
Your local Jim’s Building Inspections in Mandurah offers you a local resource that you can trust when you are looking to purchase a property.
Jim’s Building Inspections complete 5,000 inspections every month throughout Australia, and with a diverse ‘brain trust’ of more than 130 qualified and experienced local Building Inspectors, we can share ideas, collaborate, and learn together.
When we complete any building inspections in Mandurah, we aim to get your report back to you within 24 hours – easy to understand, jargon free and straightforward, with evidence and photographs attached. Of course, with the number of inspections we complete, we may have already surveyed your property. This means that the report may be available for you to download – with access to the Inspector that created it, for any questions that you may have.
The Benefit of Property Inspections.
Jim’s Property Inspections Mandurah have a range of property inspections that we can undertake to help you make a positive purchasing decision.
- Pre-Purchase Building Inspections Mandurah
When you are thinking about buying a house, you know that it is likely to be the most significant financial commitment that you are likely to make in your lifetime. Unfortunately, you cannot always guarantee that the home you fall in love with will be suitable for your family in the long term.
Our pre-purchase inspections give you the confidence to move forward with the purchase – whether that is knowing there will be some defects to rectify, or just as ammunition from which to establish a strong negotiating position on pricing.
During the inspection, we will look at the roof exterior and interior, the house interior and exterior, under the floor (where applicable), other structures like sheds, garages and carports and retaining walls, fencing and drainage. We can inspect pool safety, alarms and detectors, asbestos, termites, and pests – and even look at gas, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Building and Pest Inspection Mandurah
Pests can be a real issue for homeowners. One of the most extensive and expensive pest problems in Australia is termites. They are fast spreading, cause damage to not only wooden structures but also insulation, plaster and even metal.
Trust Jim’s building and pest inspection in Mandurah – fully trained and insured, we can provide you with a thorough termite inspection that not only recognises signs of termite infestation, but also gives you advice and assistance. Because we work in close contact with the Jim’s Termite and Pest Control Division, we can recommend technicians to assist with removal of nests and termites in a safe and hygienic way.
After inspection, our teams can provide a management plan and recommendation on treatment – helping you to recognise areas that are more at risk from infestation so that you can mitigate the risk.
Jim’s Building Inspections Mandurah – Empower Yourself
Speak to Jim’s Building Inspections in Mandurah before you buy that house – whether it is a family home, a house you are building or an investment, we are ready to help you make the right decision and potentially save you money, time and worry.
Independent Building Inspector Perth
Buying or building a home is one of the biggest investments that you’re going to make in your life, on a financial and emotional level. Going through the process with confidence, knowing you are making the right choices will make the process a whole lot easier.
Getting in touch with a trusted independent building inspector in Perth is the best way to ensure that you are buying or building your home in the best possible condition. At Jim’s Building Inspections, we carry out a thorough property inspection and give you an independent, unbiased report on any and all damages or issues that we find with the property. We will help you to understand any huge issues such as structural damage or walk you through how to best fix small cosmetic issues or even problems that may still arise. We are happy to give our own recommendations for anything that comes up and we’re also more than willing to supply you with a cost estimate on how much anything will take to fix or avoid.
Why use an independent building inspector?
If you’re buying an already built house or you’re building your own, you may be asking whether it’s worth the extra cost of getting in an independent inspector, particularly if the person you’re buying from has already had their own inspector in. These are just some reasons why getting your own independent building inspector in is so important:
- Under the surface problems: It’s easy to take a walk around your potential new property and be overwhelmed with pride and joy that it could soon be yours. There’s a big bay window, an en-suite bathroom, a walk-in cupboard and the ceilings and floors are in pristine condition. The problems, however, could be a lot more than surface deep and if you don’t know what you are looking for then you might miss some very serious structural issues.
- Human error: At the end of the day, no matter how good your builder is, they are also human and can make mistakes. There is a whole heap of people involved in building or renovating a house and it’s impossible to keep track of each individual’s work. An independent inspector can come in just to ensure that everything is up to standard before you move in and that it is safe for you to do so.
- Protection: There should always be an inspection done before the handover of a property. You wouldn’t buy a car without a mechanic you trust looking at it, would you? An independent building inspector will put your mind at ease that there is nothing wrong with a property, or they will point out an issue before you purchase it, and it becomes your problem to fix.
- Cost efficiency: Yes, it does cost money on top of everything to hire an independent building inspector. However, they could save you a whole heap of cash in the long run. They will be able to pinpoint big problems like asbestos or termite infestations that you may not have noticed. This will then fall to the current owner to rectify before handing the home over to you and potentially saving you hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Hire an independent building inspector you can trust
Jim’s Building Inspections is a well-known and trusted company within the local Perth community. We have decades of experience in our industry and we have built up some of the best working relationships throughout our years. With us, you know that you are getting experienced local experts to help you through the property buying or building process. Get in touch with us if you’d like to know any more about our services in Perth.
Call us today to book building inspections in Mandurah today!
The decision to get your dream home inspected before you buy, is one of the best decisions you can make, to reduce the risk of inheriting structural damage, termites or even asbestos – which could cost you THOUSANDS to fix.
A termite, or any other pest infestation in either your current, or future property, can cause THOUSANDS of dollars in structural damage. We spare no corner or crevice when inspecting your property.
If your property was built before 1990, it is essential to get it checked for asbestos BEFORE starting any renovations, or purchasing. Our comprehensive inspections will find where the asbestos is, and what conditions it is in..
Building your own home can be a dream come true! Don’t let it become a living nightmare! When you build, make sure you get an independent building inspector to inspect progress at various stages of the process.
Are you ready to book online?
We know you’ll be amazed at our quality and service!