Why you need a pre-purchase inspection
Buying a house is one of the most significant financial commitments that you’ll have to make in your life. In Australia, 1 out of 3 homes are sold with some significant defects, of which had the house been inspected by our professionals, it would have been picked up. Furthermore, inspections can be used as leverage when negotiating your price.
One of the main reasons why we recommend that you have a pre-purchase building inspection in Perth is the fact that most sellers will often place a ‘band-aid’ solution over the items that could raise many concerns to an untrained eye. For example, we often encounter crack repairs to brickworks that can be difficult to know without the kind of analysis that our experienced building inspectors provide.
Doing this without a trained building inspector who inspects as thoroughly as we do, you are very likely to miss these ‘band-aid’ solutions to the property, and you could end up breaking the bank in the long run repairing them.
Buying a house or a property can indeed be a very emotional and exciting time. You may easily fall in love with a property and overlook the shortcomings that the property comes with. Since the process of buying a property can be speedy, you must request a building inspection before you decide whether to purchase or not. Don’t allow your excitement to drive you into making decisions that you’ll end up regretting. Have a chat with one of our trained and experienced Perth Building Inspectors today!
We Can Inspect
Interior of House
Exterior of house
Buying a home?
Do not allow your excitement lead you into making a decision that will end up costing you more in the long run. Have a chat with one of our trained and experienced Perth Building Inspectors today!
WHICH AREAS OF THE PROPERTY ARE INSPECTED?
- Roof exterior
- Under the floor(where applicable)
- Roof interior
- The interior and exterior of your house
- Other structures of your property like sheds, garages and carports
- The property itself including retaining the walls, fencing and drainage.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED?
There will always be some exclusions, and we are upfront about these.
- Second story roofs can only be inspected by prior arrangement.
- Anything that is below the ground(soil conditions, footage, draining)
- Anything that is concealed within the within walls, for example, wiring and plumbing systems.
- Issues that are related to the building regulations act
- Explanations of ownership rights like titles and zonings.
ADDITIONAL INSPECTION OPTIONS
- Pool safety inspections
- Alarms and detectors inspections
- Asbestos inspections-both visual and sampling
- Premium inspections like the inspection of gas, plumbing and electrical systems.
Ⓒ Jim's Building Inspections 2019. All rights reserved